Physical Therapy Insurance Coverage
You are welcome at all of Horizon Rehab’s clinics to seek treatment if you have physical therapy needs, and may do so even if you don’t have a physical therapy referral. However, your insurance company may require pre-approval and written prescription before you receive reimbursement and paid for physical therapy services.
In the case that your insurance company does not provide coverage for physical therapy, you can still receive treatment from Horizon Rehab. We accept payment through cash, check or from your VISA® or MasterCard® debit or credit card.
Verifying Your Insurance Coverage
There are steps you can take to find out if your insurance company will cover your physical therapy. We recommend following these steps to verify your coverage:
- Call your insurance company and record the name of who you speak with.
- Determine your yearly dollar coverage limits or if there is a limit on the number of approved visits you can receive for therapy.
- Ask if pre-authorization is required for treatment.
- Record the pre-authorization number needed for treatment.
- Request a confirmation of your benefits be faxed or emailed to you.
- If you have been injured in an auto accident, you should request information from your auto insurance provider to determine the limits of your personal injury protection coverage.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
For your first appointment, please bring your written insurance information or your insurance card and the prescription from your doctor. You should wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and allow one hour for your first visit.
For more information on what to expect for your first session, please contact us or visit our FAQ Section.